Friday, October 29, 2010

this is halloween, HALLOWEEN, HALLOWEEN!

i love, love, love halloween!  it is absolutely my most favorite holiday of the year.  i love that it represents the changing of a season, as well as an opportunity to come up with a fantastic costume and go out for some prime people watching.  i have been everything from roadkill rabbit to melanie daniels from hitchcock's the birds.  i revel in every last minute of  the sweet, candy goodness that is halloween.  this year is a bit different, however.  this year i will not be celebrating halloween with costumes, cocktails, and debauchery.  since all hallows eve falls on a sunday, clearly the festivities will occur on saturday and i have to be up early on sunday to go to the culinary festival where my husband will be competing in a competition similar to iron chef.  it is a big deal for him, and i would not miss it.  i have school for 10 hours on saturday as well, so either i go out on saturday and be a "good" girl and don't drink and come home early, or i stay home.  i wish that i could say that going out without drinking was easy for me, but unfortunately i socialize much better after i have a couple.  although i love to mingle, social anxiety has always been a huge issue for me.  i often wish that it were easier for me to feel comfortable around large groups of people at any given time, but, alas, it is simply not that easy for me to just relax and enjoy myself and others without the help of a little liquid courage.  perhaps i will try to go at it with a positive attitude, and try to enjoy the holiday as a sober attendee. we shall see...


the one thing i did this year in honor of my favorite day (by default) was make my mom some super fancy delicious whoopie pies...so decadent!!  the recipe was very simple, but unfortunately i don't have it since it came out of a magazine at my mom's.  i will tell you that the filling had butter, powdered sugar, cream cheese, AND marshmallow cream!  YUM!


and here is a blurry photo of me on halloween about 5 years ago...


have a safe and happy halloween everybody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment