Friday, September 11, 2009

art=happy

I started buying art in my early 20's when I had even less money than I have now.  I was always on the search for that sweet something within my limited budget (who am I kidding, I will forever pounce on a good deal).  If it was something that I couldn't make a knock-off of, then I would happily shell out my hard earned cash so I could support an artist and acquire an original piece of awesomeness.  I was fortunate enough to have jumped on the low brow train early enough that I actually purchased a couple really amazing things that are now worth some bucks including some limited edition Mark Ryden goodies.  So kids, the lesson today is that it's okay to indulge yourself once in awhile, especially if you obtain something timeless like a piece of art that you are likely to cherish for years to come, or even sell later in life for a pretty penny when you have so much of the stuff you just don't know what else to do with it...or not.  Wish I could say the same for some of the clothes I spent too much money on throughout the years...ugh.

Below is a giclée print by Glenn Barr called 
Three Angels & Jesus Too.  I purchased this signed and numbered print about 8 years ago for around $50.  It now sells for around $125.  Not a huge hike, but still a good investment if I ever get tired of it and decide to sell it.


This is a great example of some fun "cheap" art which is sold framed for $30 at thebazaarium.com 






No comments:

Post a Comment